February 21, 2013

Homemade Sugar Scrub

There are so many cute, fancy, yummy smelling, and usually expensive scrubs out there.  I like having things like that, but am too cheap to buy them.  So I was excited when we made our own at...you guessed it...MOPS!  It's sooooo easy!  I immediately thought not only is this great for me, but also a great gift idea!

You only need 3 things:
  • sugar (just plain 'ol, cheap sugar)
  • dish soap (you can use whatever you want here, choose your scent and color)
  • container (I used canning jars)
  • optional: cute paper or fabric to decorate the top of your jar
Fill your jar approximately 3/4 full of sugar, to measure it out, and then pour that sugar into a bowl.  squirt some dish soap in and stir until desired consistency.  This is totally up to you, depending on how thick or thin you'd like it.  Once mixed well, spoon back into the jar.  That's it!  I cut a circle out of scrapbook paper to decorate the top of my jar, or you could put a scrap of fabric under the ring, or add a ribbon if you want.  Enjoy! 


No comments:

Post a Comment