February 8, 2013

Hubby's Chili

I LOVE chili any time of the year, but especially in the winter.  And there is none better, in my opinion, than Justin's chili.  In fact, I had never made chili until very recently, and it was his recipe.  I usually try to change a recipe to make it my own, but his is so good, I pretty much stick to it.  So here it is:

1 1/2-2 lbs ground meat (we use venison, but you could use beef, turkey, etc)
1-2 cans beans, drained and rinsed (pinto, kidney, black, whatever you have on hand or prefer)
2 cans of "spicy hot" V8 juice
1 can Rotel (not drained)
1 can stewed tomatoes (not drained)
1 packet of hot chili seasoning mix
1-2 jalapenos, sliced or diced
a few dashes of hot sauce

As you can probably tell, we like things spicy around here, but of course if you don't like it as spicy, you could adjust things to suit you, such as using mild chili seasoning, regular V8 instead of spicy hot, and omitting the jalapenos and hot sauce.

Directions:
  • Brown meat on stove with seasoning mix and Rotel
  • Put browned meat mixture into crockpot and add remaining ingredients
  • Cook on low in crockpot for at least 3-4 hours, or longer, so you can smell the yumminess all day!
Here's what my crockpot looks like at this exact moment:

 

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment