February 14, 2013

Love of My Life

Because it's Valentine's Day, and because I have the best Valentine in the world, I thought I would write a post about him and a bit of our story. 

Justin and I met a LONG time ago at church.  When my family began attending that church in 1997, I was in 7th grade and Justin was in 8th.  That's where we got to know each other over the years.  We didn't really cross paths much at school, until 2001 when we were in show choir together.  We became better friends, and were both active in our church youth group and leading worship some.

In January 2002, he asked me to a movie as "friends", and by the end of the month, we were boyfriend and girlfriend.  A few months later, Justin graduated high school and was off to college in the fall.  Luckily for me, he wasn't far away, and was home every weekend to work.  He then ended up transferring to the college in our hometown after Christmas, which meant he was even closer to me. :)  I completed my senior year and graduated, and headed off a littler farther away in the fall the next year.  I spent my first year of college two hours away, and we didn't see each other as often, but still as much as possible.  After that year, I also transferred to our hometown college, USAO, beginning my sophomore year.  From then on, we were pretty much inseparable.  :)

In December 2006, after almost 5 years together, Justin *finally* asked me to marry him!  We had a 6-month engagement which mostly consisted of me crazily planning our wedding (while student teaching).  In June 2007, we had a wonderful wedding with our family and friends.  It was, without a doubt, the best day of my life, followed very closely by the births of our children.  After our special day, we went on a very short honeymoon, as Justin was starting a new job on the Monday after the wedding.  He planned the surprise honeymoon to Echo Canyon Spa Resort, and it was perfect.  So perfect, in fact, that we have returned every year since then for our anniversary.  (If you're ever looking for a small, low-key, romantic place to go, I highly recommend it!)

In the 5 1/2 years we've been happily married, we have lived in four different homes in three towns.  We've had good times and bad times, but have loved each other through it all.  We have welcomed two children into the world together, which has made me love Justin even more.  He is a wonderful husband and father, an extremely hard working provider for our family; he is hilarious, amazingly talented, sweet, crazy, handsome, fun, loving, and most importantly, he loves the Lord.  I can't imagine my life without him, and thank God every day for him.  I look forward to seeing what God has in store for the rest of our lives as we grow old together!

Below are several pictures from our 11 years together so far.  Happy Valentine's Day!




Our first date
Prom 2002




 
 



 The day he proposed!
 
 Our wedding day
 
 
 
 
 
 Our 2nd wedding anniversary
 

Pregnant with V
 

 
Pregnant with A


Our 5th wedding anniversary

























 

No comments:

Post a Comment