February 20, 2013

Million Dollar Spaghetti

Once again, Pinterest has provided me with a yummy recipe that has become one of my new favorites.  I LOVE pasta dishes, so I'm always intrigued by new recipes.  So the title "million dollar spaghetti" definitely caught my eye.  I've made it several times now, and I just can't get enough of it.

Oh, and it goes really good with some yummy homemade garlic bread sticks.  :)

Here's my slightly different version of the recipe:
  • 1 lb. ground beef (or ground turkey, or ground deer, like me, because I have a freezer full of it from hunting season)
  • 1/4-1/2 c. diced onion
  • 1 large can spaghetti sauce (or more if you like a lot of sauce)
    • Just a side note: I buy the cheapest spaghetti sauce at the store, then add a few seasonings to spice it up a bit.
  • 8 oz cream cheese
  • 1/4 c. sour cream
  • 1/2 lb. cottage cheese
  • 1 stick of butter, cut into slices
  • 8 oz. of Noodles (I've always used thin spaghetti noodles, but I think rotini would be great too)
  • 1-2 c. shredded cheddar cheese
 (You can find the original recipe here at Being Grown Up)
 
Here's whatcha do:
  • Combine onion and meat and brown
  • Add spaghetti sauce to skillet, along with any seasonings you might want to add
    • I add things like garlic powder, Italian seasoning, crushed red pepper,and pepper
  • While all of that is going, cook the noodles and then combine cottage cheese, cream cheese, and sour cream with electric mixer until mixed well
  • Once everything is done, you're ready to layer it all into a 9x13 baking dish:
    • Place 1/2 of the butter slices on the bottom of the dish (yes I realize that's a lot of butter, but who cares?  It's yummy!)
    • Next, in goes half of the cooked noodles
    • Then spread all of that creamy, cheesy mixture on top of the noodles
    • The rest of the noodles go on top of the creamy goodness
    • And then.....the rest of the butter!
    • Last but not least, the meat sauce goes on top
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until hot and bubbly
  • Top with shredded cheddar cheese, and return to the oven for about 10 minutes until cheese is melted.
  • Now, eat!
Picture from Being Grown Up

No comments:

Post a Comment