February 7, 2013

MOPS

I am a fairly new stay-at-home-mom.  When we had V, I went back to work.  But while we were pregnant with A, God blessed my husband with a job promotion, which afforded me the opportunity to stay home.  So I've been home with my kiddos since A was born, 10 months ago.

Since we moved a few months after I became a SAHM, I had to adjust to the lack of adult presence in my everyday life, and to a new town where I didn't know anyone.  I wanted to get out and meet new people, so I found a MOPS group.  If you aren't familiar, MOPS stands for Mothers of Preschoolers, and is a place for moms to get together, fellowship, share, craft, support each other, and have fun!  My group meets at a church twice a month. 

Honestly, I was fairly hesitant at first because I am pretty introverted until I get to know people.  I was not comfortable at the first few meetings, but I am so glad I stuck it out!  I really look forward to meetings, feel refreshed after a meeting, and absolutely love the fellowship I get with the other moms in the group.  It has been a huge blessing to me.  If you are a SAHM and do not belong to a group, I would highly recommend finding one in your area!

No comments:

Post a Comment