The project I'm posting about today is a picture tile. It's simple, easy, and frugal. It makes a great little decoration, and is also a great homemade gift. I made one for my brother's girlfriend for Christmas, and I plan to do more next Christmas.
Here's how you do it:
(Sorry I don't have step-by-step photos, but it's so easy, you'll be fine!)
- A 6x6 inch tile (you can find these at Home Depot, Lowe's, etc.)
- A piece of scrapbook paper you like - This is where you can really make it personalized with colors, patterns, etc.
- You can buy 6x6 books of scrapbook paper, or trim your piece to 6x6 inches
- Choose a picture to put onto the tile, and trim it to 4x4 inches
- A cute little easel to prop your finished tile onto (I found mine at Hobby Lobby)
- Tear the edges of your paper to make the edges look a little "rustic" and to make the paper slightly smaller than your tile
- Spread a layer of mod podge onto the tile and stick your paper down in the center. Then spread a layer of mod podge over the top of the paper
- Place your 4x4 picture, centered, on top of your paper
- Spread another layer of mod podge on top of your picture to seal it all in
- Once it dries, prop it up in the easel and find the perfect place to display it!