February 12, 2013

Red Velvet Chocolate Chip Cookies

Red velvet cake is my absolute favorite.  So any time I see a recipe with red velvet in the title, I get very interested!  I've pinned two different red velvet chocolate chip cookie recipes on my Pinterest board, and I've made them both, so I thought I'd post them here!

Recipe #1 uses a cake mix, making it super simple and quick!

1 red velvet cake mix
1/2 cup butter
1 tsp vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup chips or candy pieces (I used semi-sweet chocolate chips in some, and white chocolate chips in some)
  • Preheat oven to 350 degrees. 
  • Combine cake mix, butter, vanilla and eggs in a mixing bowl. Beat on medium until well blended.
  • Stir in chips or candy.
  • Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet and bake for approximately 10-11 minutes
  • Transfer to cooling rack
Picture from original recipe, at Sweet & Simple

 
Recipe #2 is from scratch and probably the more tasty of the two, although I really like them both.

1/2 cup butter
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 egg
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp red food coloring
1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/4 tsp salt
1/3 cup cocoa powder
1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
  • Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
  • Cream butter and sugars.
  • Add egg and vanilla, mixing well.
  • Beat in food coloring.  Don't worry, if you don't have enough food coloring, they'll taste just as good! :) As you can see from my picture, mine turned out more brown than red.
  • Stir in flour, baking soda, salt and cocoa powder until just combined.
  • Stir in chocolate chips.
  • Spoon onto ungreased cookie sheet and back for approximately 10-12 mintues.
  • Transfer to cooling rack.

My recipe #2 cookie

No comments:

Post a Comment