February 4, 2013

Welcome to Hightower Homestead

So, I decided to join the blogging world and start one of these things!  I once had a blog for my family and close friends to follow along during my first pregnancy and early life of my son.  And then I dropped off and stopped updating it.  But my vision for this blog is something broader: to be a place for me to share anything and everything going on at the "homestead", as my hubby and I affectionately call our home.  :)  So here's a little about us:

My name is Megan, I'm a Jesus-loving, twenty-something-year-old wife and mommy of two.  I married my high school sweetheart, Justin, in 2007, and we welcomed our son (V) into the world in 2010 and our daughter (A) 21 months later in 2012.  I love cooking, baking, eating, Sonic drinks (anybody sensing a pattern here?), DIYing, planning, taking pictures, saving money, making lists, reading, staying involved in our church, etc, etc, etc.

Back in '07, I received my Early Childhood Education degree from USAO, and spent four years teaching kindergarten and one year teaching 2nd grade.  While I loved teaching, I was itching to be a SAHM.  When I had A, God blessed us with the opportunity for me to realize my biggest dream: staying at home! 

God had lots in store for us in 2012, and when A was 4 months old, we moved from our suburban home to 5 acres outside of a small town.  And we LOVE it!  It's peaceful, quiet, spacious, and has so many possibilities!  We've spent the past 6 months settling in, and I'm sure I'll have plenty posts in the future about our projects and happenings around our little farm.

I hope this gives you some idea of who I am and where I'm coming from.  Stayed tuned for more happenings on the Hightower Homestead!
The view from our front porch in the fall.

4 comments:

  1. Love it!! The view from the porch is BEAUTIFUL!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here's a virtual Route 44 Vanilla Dr. Pepper with light ice!

    ReplyDelete