February 6, 2013

Women of Faith

I recently ordered tickets for me and my friend Amy to the Women of Faith conference in August.  If you've ever been to it, you'll probably understand why I am ecstatic!  It is amazing!  I attended several years in a row throughout college and the first year or two I was married.  But then we were attending a church that didn't get a group of women together to go, so I just kind of stopped going.  Last year, I decided that I'd like to go again, so I invited Amy to her first ever WOF experience, and we had a great time!



It's incredible, yet not surprising, that God knows what we need exactly when we need it.  He knew that back in August, I needed a major pick-me-up.  I needed to hear a word and have an experience that would catapult me into a deeper relationship with Him.  I needed to get back to worshipping with reckless abandon.  I needed a fire lit under me.  I needed to acknowledge that I had been stagnant in my walk with Him.  He knew.  He knew, and He provided exactly what I needed in that weekend.  And the perfect friend to share it with.  The minute the conference was over, I couldn't wait to go back.  Ordering tickets just put us one step closer to being there...even though we have to wait another 6 months.  :) 

If you've never been, you should totally round up some girlfriends, tell your husband he's in charge of the kids, and order some tickets!  You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment