March 3, 2013

Duck Fajitas

This may sound completely crazy to some (or a lot) of you, but around my house, having duck as the meat in our meal is totally normal.  That's what happens when you're married to a man who is obsessed with duck hunting.  If you'd have asked me several years ago if I would not only be eating duck on a regular basis, but that I would be cooking it myself, I would've thought you were crazy.  But here I am, wife of an avid duck hunter, and have become quite the fan of the meat.  So anyway, if you're still reading, then maybe you're interested in what I've done with the duck this time.  A couple nights ago I made duck fajitas for supper.  Here's how it went:

Ingredients:
  • Duck breast (I used 4 - they're pretty small)
  • Meat tenderizer (optional)
  • Bell peppers, cut into strips (I used a little each of green, red, yellow, and orange)
  • Onion, cut into strips
  • Fajita seasoning (I'm too cheap to buy the packets in the store, so I based mine very loosely on this recipe)
  • 1-2 tbsp. oil
  • Tortillas
  • Whatever toppings you like.  I like shredded cheese, sour cream, and salsa.
Just starting out
Directions:


  • Sprinkle meat with tenderizer and cut into thin strips
  • Pour oil into skillet and add meat, peppers, onions, and seasoning
  • Cook on medium - medium-high heat until meat is well done, stirring several times and adding more oil or water if necessary to keep meat moist
  • Place into tortillas and top with your favorite toppings!



Almost done!



No comments:

Post a Comment