March 23, 2013

Mint Chocolate Brownie Bites

Many of my baking ideas come from my husband's requests, his likes, etc.  While watching an episode of Pioneer Woman, my husband noticed that her dessert that day was mint chocolate brownie bites.  His mouth starting watering and he said his "famous" line around our house: "Will you make some of those?".  So I did.  I didn't use her exact recipe, mostly because I didn't have all the ingredients on hand the first time, but she was definitely my inspiration. 

Here's what you'll need:
  • 1/2 c. butter, melted
  • 1 c. sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 tsp. vanilla
  • 1/3 c. cocoa powder
  • 1/2 c. flour
  • 1/4 tsp. salt
  • 1/4 tsp. baking powder
  • 1/4 tsp. mint extract
  • almond bark or milk chocolate chips for melting
  • Andes mints (approx. 10-12)


First, combine the melted butter, sugar, eggs, vanilla, and mint extract.  Mix well.

Next, add cocoa powder, flour, salt, and baking powder.  Stir until just combined. 

Spoon batter into mini muffin pan - these don't puff up much at all, you can safely fill them almost completely full.

Bake at 350 degrees for about 8-10 minutes

Remove and place on cooling rack with wax paper or foil underneath
*I used cupcake liners and then removed them at this point to make sure I had a perfect shape (instead of risking them sticking to the pan)

Turn brownies upside down.
Melt some almond bark or chocolate chips (I add a little shortening to thin the chocolate out and make it silkier and smoother).
Chop the Andes mints.
Pour melted chocolate on each brownie, letting it drip down the sides.
Top each brownie with chopped Andes mints.
 
Leave on cooling rack until the chocolate is set.  Enjoy!
*Makes about 2 - 2/12 dozen

No comments:

Post a Comment