April 19, 2013

Snickerdoodles

I'm not a huge fan of snickerdoodles myself, but it's the cookie I get the most requests for, especially amongst my family members.  My brother lives about 10 hours away, but any time he comes "home", he requests these.  My husband requests them quite often too, and they are my go-to cookie if I need to whip up something quick to take somewhere.  I always have the ingredients on hand, which is a huge plus.  Hope you enjoy!

Ingredients:
  • 1 1/2 c. sugar
  • 1/2 c. butter, softened
  • 1/2 c. shortening
  • 2 eggs
  • 2 3/4 c. flour
  • 2 tsp. cream of tartar
  • 1 tsp. baking soda
  • 1/4 tsp salt
  • 1/4 c. sugar
  • 2 tsp. cinnamon
Directions:
  • Mix 1 1/2 c. sugar, butter, shortening, and eggs
  • Stir in flour, cream of tartar, baking soda, and salt
  • Mix 1/4 c. sugar and cinnamon
  • Scoop dough into balls and roll them in the cinnamon sugar
  • Place on ungreased baking sheet
  • Bake approximately 8 minutes
 

No comments:

Post a Comment