August 13, 2013

Bible Verse of the Week

Psalm 119:11 says "I have hidden your word in my heart that I might not sin against you."  I truly believe that memorizing scripture, "writing" it on our hearts, allows us to have God's word more readily available to us when we need it.  What's not to love about that?!  I've recently started making more of an effort than I had in a while to memorize scripture.  So I made a little dry-erase board out of an unused picture frame by making a "Verse of the Week" picture to go behind the glass.  I can easily write the verse on the glass with a dry-erase marker so it can be changed often!  I hung it in my kitchen where I see it many times a day, and I recite the verse whenever I see it.  I change the verse about once a week, or once I'm sure I have it well memorized.

I encourage you to do something like this, or whatever works for you, to help you in memorizing God's word.  I'm glad I did, and I think you'll be glad too!  :)

This week my memory verse is Psalm 139:9-10: "If I rise on the wings of the dawn, if I settle on the far side of the sea, even there your hand will guide me, your right hand will hold me fast."  Praise God that He will always guide us, that He is always present, no matter where we are!

Below is a picture of my verse of the week hanging in my kitchen.  And at the bottom is a printable for you!




 

No comments:

Post a Comment