August 8, 2013

Good Potatoes

Even though I am the main cook in the family, my hubby is a great cook.  He is especially awesome on the grill, which is where this recipe originated.  I call these potatoes "good potatoes" because there's just no better name.  We love these, they turn out a little different every time, and they go great with so many things.  The recipe doesn't really have measurements because I just kinda throw in what I have on hand to taste, and you can too!  You really can't mess it up - just go with your gut!

Ingredients:
  • Russet potatoes, cut into bite-sized cubes (I leave the skins on)
  • Bell pepper, whichever color(s) you have on hand, cut into strips
  • Onion, cut into strips
  • Black pepper
  • Greek seasoning
  • Garlic powder
  • Chili powder
  • Creole seasoning (if you like it spicy)
  • Butter (I usually end up using a lot...like, a whole stick for an 8x8 pan of potatoes)
Directions:
  • Cut up potatoes, peppers, and onions and place in greased baking dish
    • (I typically use an 8x8 for just my family, but often use a 9x13 for a larger group.  We've also put a metal 9x13 pan, covered with foil, on the grill and it's delicious!)
  • Sprinkle seasonings, to taste, over the potatoes
  • Stir to combine and distribute seasonings evenly
  • Cut butter into several pieces and place on top. 
  • Cover and bake at 400 degrees for 30-45 minutes or until potatoes are tender, depending on size of your pan.
*Note: I usually check them about halfway through to make sure they aren't drying out.  If they are, add more butter!  Yum!

 
I served these the other night with sloppy joes!  Delicious!
 

No comments:

Post a Comment