- 1 bar Fels-Naptha laundry soap
- 1 c. borax
- 1 c. washing soda (this is not the same as baking soda!)
- Cut soap into chunks and place in food processor
- Process until in tiny pebbles
- Add borax and washing soda and process until mixture becomes a fine powder
- Pour into container of your choice
- Use 1 Tbsp. per load, a little more if heavily soiled
*A couple of notes:
1. I have just a few pieces of clothing that I've had trouble with the soap sticking to when I wash in cold water, so I now begin every load with hot water, pour the soap in and let it dissolve for a minute or two, then turn the water to cold, and it solved the problem!
2. I keep a whole bar of Fels-Naptha in my laundry room to use as a pre-treater/stain remover. I just get the stain wet and rub the bar into the stain, then throw it in the wash! It generally works better than the spray I typically use!