August 16, 2013

Mexican Corn

I love to eat corn.  I especially love it when a bunch of yummy goodness is added to it.  This recipe came from me just randomly throwing things into a crockpot with some frozen corn one day when I was making Mexican food for supper.  It turned out pretty great, so I kept making it, and now am sharing it with y'all.  :)  Once again, these measurements aren't exact, I just throw stuff in till it looks right to me, and you can too, by golly!

Ingredients:
  • 1 bag frozen corn
  • 3 oz cream cheese, cubed
  • 4 Tbsp butter
  • 3-4 oz velveeta, cubed
  • 1/2 can rotel (diced tomatoes w/ green chilies)
  • salt & pepper to taste
  • 1-2 jalapenos (optional), diced
Directions:

Dump everything in a crockpot, cook on low for 4-6 hours or on high for 2-3 hours, stirring to combine
 
OR
 
Dump everything into saucepan on stove on low-medium heat, heating through till done, stirring to combine
 
Yum!
 
 
This goes great with my bean burritos or Mexican lasagna :)
 

 

1 comment:

  1. Megan, cooking for Wed night church and having Mexican Lasagna next Wed. night, thought this sounded good to add to menu. Was wondering about yield so I could increase for 60.

    ReplyDelete