August 23, 2013

Nacho Cheese Doritos Breaded Chicken

As you probably know by now, if you've read a couple of my blog posts, I try to be as frugal as possible.  Not letting food go to waste is part of that frugality.  A while back, we had a bag of nacho cheese doritos that had gotten down to mostly just crumbs and tiny pieces of chips.  I wasn't quite ready to trash it, so I decided to use the crumbs as a breading on some chicken.  If I'm going to bread chicken to bake, I typically use cornflake crumbs or breadcrumbs, but this seemed like a yummy alternative.  And boy, was I right!  And it was so easy!

Ingredients:
  • boneless skinless chicken breast or thigh pieces
  • chip crumbs (at least a cup or so, depending on how much chicken you're making)
  • 1 egg
  • milk
Directions:
  • Pour crumbs into small, shallow bowl
  • Beat egg and mix with some milk in a small, shallow bowl
  • Dip chicken into egg/milk to coat
  • Put chicken into crumbs and roll around to coat well
  • Place onto greased baking sheet
  • Repeat with all chicken
  • Bake at 350 degrees for 20-30 minutes until chicken is done
We really liked this chicken dipped in ranch!  Goes great with my good potatoes.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment